GM Tool for Birthright Campaign

Hello all.

I am currently developping an application for my game master to help him manage his birthright campaign.

The application is still at an early stage but you can already get a feel of what it will become.

There isn’t much data in the database yet (just enough for testing), there are still bugs and a lot of functionalities to implement but it’s progressing well and I am confident I will have a beta version this year.

You can download the application or look at the screenshots on thiswebpage.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you want to know more about the project.

Cheers,
Blaede

I get a 403 error when trying to access that page :frowning:

Weird, I just tried and it works…

Same here.

This looks to be an internally protected website/page.

Can you repost the page under an open URL?

idem; don’t work “error 403”

Blaede probably you can because you are the owner of the project, looks like the project is private or something like that, so the rest of us can’t see it (that’s my guess, could be something else).

403: Forbidden"

“HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden”
The 403 Forbidden error displays inside the Internet browser window, just as web pages do.
Cause

The 403 Forbidden error is an HTTP status code that means that accessing the page or resource you were trying to reach is absolutely forbidden for some reason.
Resolution

Check for URL errors and make sure the actual web page is specified. The most common reason for a web site to return the 403 Forbidden error is if the URL is pointing to a directory instead of a web page.

If you’re sure the page you’re trying to reach is correct, the 403 Forbidden error message may be a mistake. At this point it’s probably in your best interest to contact the webmaster or other website contact and inform them of the problem.

I am sorry, I didn’t realize the project was private indeed. I just checked the user rights on the project and it seems only non registered users could not access the pages.

I changed the rule so now everybody should be able to access it.

I also subscribed to this post so I should answer quicker to any comment you guys make :wink:

I have been playing with the tool a little, and its a lovely work. Keep it up, this could be very interesting for the community :slight_smile:

Regards!

Vicente

Thank you !

I am really spending a lot of time on this. I am not a Flash expert so I often get stuck for hours on simple problems :slight_smile:

As soon as I have a beta version, I will document it as much as I can in the SourceForge Wiki and maybe make some kind of a user guide.

Cheers.
Blaede

Just to help you planning, as far as I know, one of the things GMs want the most, it’s that the tool runs the economy for them: you click a button, and then all realms earn gold, tax claims are done, vassalages paid,…

Thanks for the tip Vincente but that’s not really the way I plan to build the application.
I do this most of all for my DM and myself and if it can help someone else then it’s a nice extra :slight_smile:

I don’t think running the Economy on a global scale is doable. You don’t play all realms in one campaign, only the ones that your players interract with. Otherwise you also have to make all realms evolve along with the realms of your players. Rule the provinces, the holdings and so on. To do this for all realms is way too much work.

My DM and I prefer to update the NPC realms manually. The main thing I want to automate is the list of actions. Calculate the difficulty check, the cost in RP and gold of each action automatically and update the acting Domain after completion.

I can’t wait to see your work unveiled. I am still getting familiar with this cool site. Hopefully I get to play this new version of the game you are working on.:cool:

Just a little note to let you know that I made good progress. My friend who’s supposed to do the testing hasn’t much time to do it so I am expecting a lot of bug fixing in a second phase but all actions are now implemented.

I also added a button on the welcome screen to overwrite the database in case some of you have already installed the application (in which case newer versions of the application didn’t work anymore).

Once I am happy with the latest version, I will try to make a wiki to explain in details how each screen works. This application was mainly designed for our DM and myself and we included a few house rules in the application.

Anyway, the latest version is always online on the SourceForge webpage, feel free to try it and give your feedback.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/birthright/

Cheers,
Blaede

Hi everyone !

Just a quick update. The application is almost done. I’ve just posted a new version (v 0.5.003) containing the real data, meaning all domains, provinces, regents and holdings from the official rulebook (there are more than 800 holdings).

My next step is to create a wiki on how to use the application but before that, I want to be sure that a few people are interested. I will not spend hours writing doc that nobody will ever read :slight_smile:

So if you’re interested, let me know !

Cheers,
Blaede

P.S. as a reminder, you can download the app here

Hi all !

Just a quick update : the current version online is now complete and contains production data (data from the rule books). I am sure a few bugs will come out as the application get used but at least all functionalities are there.

That being said, I am planning on writing a small wiki (on the sourceforge webiste) on how to use the application but first I would like to know if some people are interested in this app besides my game master. I am not going to spend hours writing a wiki nobody will read :slight_smile:

So if you’re interested, please let me know !
Cheers,
Blaede

I am for sure.

I am too interested on this app, but not from the point of view of a GM, but from the point of view of a person building another BR app. I always like to see what other people are doing and what I can improve myself.

Blaede

Would you mind giving me access to your sourcecode so i can combine it to my application that works for th whole continent ?